Trial Lawyer and Criminal Defense Attorney | Rockville, Maryland
Dedicated to Safeguarding the Rights of Individuals
At the Law Office of Mike Rothman, our goal is to provide you with the highest quality and trusted legal representation when you need it most. A good outcome in a case is not an accident. It is based upon preparation, knowing the applicable law involved, knowing about the court system that will hear the case, and getting to know the client. Our Firm is dedicated to the single idea that YOU are the focus of this representation. Our success will be measured by your satisfaction with the outcome in your case.
Mike Rothman is a trial attorney who regularly appears in Federal and State courts in both Maryland and the District of Columbia. We offer our clients legal advice in the areas of criminal defense and Internet Law. Mike Rothman is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland, the District of Columbia, the United States District Court of Maryland, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, the Fourth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Large-Firm Experience, Small-Firm Service
E-mail Me or Call 301-251-9660 • Free Consultation • Credit Cards Accepted
The client is the reason why I practice criminal defense. I respect the clients who decide to retain me and, in return, I offer a high degree of personal attention to the people I represent — no matter how large or small the matter may appear. While I may be an aggressive advocate for my clients before the court, my most important contributions to a client may actually come outside the courtroom.
The courtroom can be an intimidating place for anyone. If you have never been to a courtroom before, the customs and rituals will all seem very strange at first. However, some of this anxiety will naturally disappear when you are prepared for the trial. This is where the Firm can truly makes a difference to its clients. Our goal is to provide outstanding legal services to our clients while creating educated consumers of legal services. Each case has its own cast of characters and its own unique set of facts. However, a legal defense cannot be prepared in a bubble. We encourage our clients to ask questions because the client knows the facts of his/her case better than anyone. By encouraging the client to partner with us (the law Firm), we can bring all the resources at the client’s disposal against the power of the prosecuting powers.
Before establishing my practice in Rockville, I gained valuable experience as a litigation associate at a large law firm in Washington, D.C. While still in law school, I clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland and for the Office of Consumer Litigation at the U.S. Department of Justice. Now, I use that knowledge and experience to help you.
My practice includes:
- Criminal defense, including misdemeanors and felonies involving state and federal charges in both Maryland and Washington, D.C.
- DWI/DUI defense, I am one of the few DWI defense lawyers in Montgomery County, the State of Maryland, or the District of Columbia to have taken an independent course on standard field sobriety testing training. That experience provided me with the certification and the confidence to ensure that the police methods of testing do not receive unnecessary weight.
- Traffic violations, including speeding, hit and run, reckless driving, negligent driving, driving on a suspended license, driving on a revoked license, driving without a license, fleeing and eluding charges, and vehicular manslaughter.
- Drug crimes, including possession with intent to distribute marijuana or other controlled or dangerous substances, distribution or manufacturing of controlled or dangerous substances, or the sale of marijuana, cocaine, crack, methamphetamine or other drugs.
- Medical Marijuana, including advising patients, caregivers, and doctors on the new medical marijuana regulations in Washington, D.C. and advising interested parties on raising necessity defenses in Maryland.
- Sex crimes, including allegations prostitution, of any degrees of rape or forced sexual intercourse which shall include date rape, statutory rape, possession or distribution of illegal pornography or images of minors, as well as violations of the Sexual Offender Registry or questions regarding periods of registration.
- Gun possession, including charges involving the possession, purchase, and carrying of firearms in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
- Consumer protection, including fraud, misrepresentation, allegations of the wrongful use of information by a third party, or violations of privacy over the Internet.
- Internet and computer crimes, including sexual offenses, theft, embezzlement and other types of financial crimes over the Internet. As Internet Law has matured, the methods for tracking and uncovering fraud have also become more sophisticated. I am highly proficient in both computer and forensic reviews of information, the transfer of large amounts of money across networks, and computer and information security methods and procedures. I am also well-versed in the Banking Secrecy Act.
- White collar crime and fraud, including all manner of government fraud, theft of electronic information, theft of data in any form, misuse or misrepresentations regarding electronic information, privacy violations, and the wrongful use of personal identifying information.
To learn how I can help you in any of these practice areas, please contact the Rockville Law Office of Mike S. Rothman today by phone or e-mail to request a free initial consultation.